Lizzie Ticker

baby

Thursday, January 18, 2007

There is no need for alarm.


We decided tonight, Thursday 1/18/07, to move. We will no longer be living in Walnut Grove Trailer Park by the end of March. Where we are moving to, we don't know yet, but hopefully when we get there, there will be internet access so I can update everyone on how pregnant Annie is.

She is moderately pregnant at this point and is closing in on being mostly pregnant. *yay*

As far as the moving thing goes, we have a very short time to get a whole lot of important things figured out, but we aren’t moving far, just to our land. The bit about not knowing where we are going yet is in regards to the actual placement of the trailer.

We have had some meowing from under our home as of late. This has happened before. Several years ago I had some cats fighting under my trailer and it freaked me out because things were bumping the bottom of the house and it was weird... Anyway, the meowing has been pretty frequent and so today at lunch I decided to find out where the cat was at and how it was getting under the house. It turns out that 'Cristy' the Calico Cat has been residing under our trailer for a few days and managed to sneak in and out of under the trailer via a 2 inch wide slot in the skirting. Basically the cat was squeezing through the plastic skirting on the bottom of our trailer and it must have been pretty uncomfortable, but when I felt along her back tonight as I gave her some water, I could see that there wasn't much there to hold her back from going through a miniscule opening like that save for her hip bones, and the skin and fur that enveloped them. She’s in pretty rough shape.

I feel really sorry for 'Cristy' (I made the mistake of allowing Annie to name 'it') and am not really sure what to do with her. She is a very friendly cat, but I would be to if I was in her situation and she has some pretty neat spots on her body and a pink nose. (Annie noticed that fact. I wonder if it has to do with the color pink?)
Anyone need a cat? or a dog? or a dog and a cat? and some fish?

Just kidding, don't want to get rid of any one of them except the fish... they aren’t fun to move and so it would be nice to just get rid of them to someone who isn't going to move soon and can enjoy them and take better care of them than I.


Anyway, Annie and I have to figure out where we are going to move our trailer to on our paint ball course (the land on Vineyard Rd.) and then get the ball rolling on electricity, gas, drilling a well for water (exceptional water out there, I am stoked) and of course, figuring out what to do with the waste problem... It's really sandy soil, so I don't think I can put in a lagoon w/o putting in a clay bottom, but since the soil is so sandy and I have a pretty decent grade to the land I think that a septic tank and lateral fields might be in our future but I don't know yet because I don't know much when it comes to those kind of things.

This will be nice because now I can get up, walk across the lawn and start working on the house I'm supposed to start building on this spring. Rather than drive to the building site, forget some important document or tool and have to drive back to the trailer, get it and then drive back and then realize that I forgot something else, and you get the picture. Having our trailer out there will be very nice.

OK. I have to hit the sack and get up early for talking to people about putting a mobile home on zoned waste agriculture land. Oh yeah, add that to the list of things that have to happen, get a hold of someone that knows how to move a trailer. *sigh*


-josh

p.s. I didn't proof read this, so I apologize for the horrible way I tell stories and such, I'm really awful, so if you have any questions about my ramblings please feel free to ask Annie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

Congrats on the move! Just let me know what I can help with!

--Jenny