Lizzie Ticker

baby

Monday, January 22, 2007

I should be working right now instead of blogging. =)


Well, I called Pott. County zoning and they pretty much told me I'm an idiot. I said, "Oh yeah? Tell me something I don't already know!"

Ok. They really said that you can't move a single wide trailer older than 5 years onto a lot less than 40 acres (you know, a 1/4 mile x 1/4 mile). Sooooo, instead of buying a double wide and moving it onto the land or a newer single wide, Annie thought we might build a shed that we could finish out and live in while we build our house. I thought that was a pretty good idea, and so we sat down and figured it out a little bit, and she said she would finish up the floor plan for us later tonight, get an estimate on material costs, do the paper work for getting the building permit, call public works to see what kind of septic we need to put in, get propane, find water and drill a well, figure out where the driveway is going to be at, figure out how to build a bridge over the run off area and a few other misc. items like that. But she wants to build it with the idea being that after we build our house, we convert our house/shed into a shed and park her Harley in it.

On the baby front: Annie talks about being able to feel the baby kick, so thats kind of weird for her so far. But I think it's pretty neat. I can’t wait till I get to feel it with her.

Baby stuff along the lines of the new House/shed we are trying to make sure we don't leave anything important out of the design that we will regret later because of the new baby. I know that when she is born things will change drastically, so we are trying really hard not to miss any important design points along those lines. Maybe later I can post a floor plan of what we are thinking and that way if something is missing or should be changed we can be warned ahead of time.

CATWORLD

The cat that came to work with me is doing really well. She took a big stinky, runny, petulant, nasty poo on my nice 10 key calculator for me. I threw that away. But my brother got a pretty good laugh out of the whole deal.

Cristy (The Cat) is starting to fill out a little already, her back legs don’t look nearly as emaciated as they did when we found her and she is meowing pretty much constantly. Her tongue sticks out some times, so I wonder if she isn’t a little… slow…. I have an uneasy feeling that her meowing is due to pregnancy. *yay* Kittens for everyone!

Oh! And the best part about Cristy is how good she smells. I can honestly say, and I can’t stress this point enough, I have never EVER smelled a cats fart that is even 1/10 the amount of stink that this cat can produce. It just about makes my eyes water. I had to open the window to the office the other night. My goodness it was powerful.

Business is still going good. It’s kind of weird though. I have never had prayers answered so literally and directly as this. Tasha (the office manager) and I prayed that we could get some long owed money paid back to us and that business would pick up. This prayer was two weeks ago. So two weeks ago we booked most of February. Last week we booked the rest of February. Between the last two weeks we have only two outstanding debts still owed, all of the others were either paid in full or at least had payments made on. So that prayer was answered in excess to what I expected. We also prayed that we would be able to get more work done than we have been able to in the past, and since then it hasn’t been a problem. We crammed too much work into last week and even had a person gone on vacation and we were actually a little ahead of schedule by Friday. Like I said, I have never experienced prayer working in that sort of direct in your face way.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. Talk/type Later!

-josh

No comments: