Lizzie Ticker

baby

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Thank you Josh for that amazing compliment! I have been so blessed to have such a hardworking, funny and dedicated husband. Like I said earlier, I'm so glad that I am married to you for the rest of my life!

Now, on to updates about Lizzie Lou. Lizzie's middle name is really Leona, but it's so fun to say Lizzie Lou, so that is one of her many nicknames. Others include Ellie (from her uncle) and Pickle (from her daddy).

Lizzie is cruising around furniture with confidence now. And thanks to her grandparents she is learning how to climb up and down the staircase too. She still only has the 2 bottom teeth, and I have no indication of when anymore will appear. And the one thing that bothers me the most is her eating habits. She would rather breastfeed than eat anything else. This is still OK for her cause I know that she gets all her nutrition from breastmilk, but a part of me wishes that when I sat her down she would eat her babyfood. She will eat the occassional cracker, banana or pickle and self-feed that way, but if I try to feed her spoonfuls of oatmeal or carrots she will spit it out and swat the spoon away. My main worry hear is: Does this mean she will be a picky eater when she gets older? Maybe when she gets more teeth and can handle a spoon correctly she'll eat a wider variety of foods.

Josh just left to work on the cabinets for our house. He thinks that in about 1-2 weeks all our cabinets should be finished and ready to install! We are doing rustic hickory cabinets, I can't wait to see them. The walls are painted - and there is no way anyone can be in a sad mood at our house. The walls are all so cheery and colorful. After listening to people's advice, I had fun picking out the colors for the walls and steered very clear of anything beige. Living Room, Kitchen and Hall are light green, bathroom is blue, Lizzie's bedroom is a fun purple and our bedroom is a dark maroon. Pictures will be posted, I'm not good at describing.......


Lizzie's 9 month appt is Tuesday. I'll post stats as soon as I get them.

No comments: