Lizzie Ticker

baby

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hooray! So much to be happy for!

Josh is back safely from Georgia! We all missed him terribly and are so relieved to have him back. Lizzie really missed her "da da" and that stands for his tractor too! Whenever we went on our walks, she would point at it and say very emphatically "da da! da da!" And I would let her play on it, but since I don't know how to turn it on, let alone drive the thing, that is as far as she got until he came home.

Also, Josh said I could tell everyone....

I am pregnant! I am due April 1st, 09! He really wanted me to wait until I started the 2nd trimester but I just couldn't wait. We are all very excited!

There is one thing I covet your prayers for. I have Bell's Palsy and I really need the Lord's strength to accomplish things throughout the day. Bell's Palsy is a temporary paralysis of one side of the face due to the 7th Cranial nerve become swollen and cutting off communication from the brain to the face. So my left side of my face can't smile, blink or taste food. This also leaves me feeling even more tired than normal because my body is trying to recover. So not only am I tired from the first trimester I am wiped from this palsy. (anyone that has had Mono knows how tired I am!!) Needless to say the house is gross and Lizzie gets restless. The dr. said I should see some signs of improvement in 2 weeks, and I should be fully recovered in 2-6 months.

It is times like this I praise the Lord that she is still breastfeeding! When I am laying in bed dead tired, she crawls in with me and cuddles and nurses. So I am able to rest and recover without worrying what my toddler is getting into, and at the same time feel the love and warmth of my cuddly daughter.

I do start to worry about whether Lizzie will be nursing a lot when the new baby is here, but a lot changes in children between the ages of 15 mos and 22 months. I know that if I continue to trust the Lord and do my best he will give me the wisdom and strength to continue on!
Lizzie seems to be doing very well so I must not be doing too much wrong! LOL She has never been on antibiotics (praise the Lord!) and she is so brave and curious about the world around her. When we go on our walks down our driveway she will take of running and when she falls down, she just gets right back up without another thought (and this is on a gravel driveway, you should see her poor knees!)

that's all for now, but i will update with more later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your exciting news! We will keep you in our prayers - hopefully this will pass swiftly!